February 21, 2017

DIY | LIP SCRUB & LIQUID LIPSTICK SWATCHES


Liquid lipsticks have officially finally become my lip product of choice for doing my makeup when I'm going out or just in the mood for a little bit of colour. I just love the longevity of liquid lipsticks and the matte look for winter. What I don't love so much is how chapped my lips get after wearing them so here is an easy DIY to have a super delicious lip scrub on hand to get rid of dry flaky lips and say hello to a luscious pout. I have been guilty of licking this off my lips instead of wiping it off, but it tastes soooooo good!

DIY TIME | 15 mins or less

DIY COST | $-$$

What you'll need:
  • A small cosmetics container
  • coconut oil (solid, 1 tbsp)
  • honey (1 tbsp)
  • granular sugar (2 tbsp)



Steps:
  1. Take a mixing container and put in your sugar, coconut oil and honey
  2. Mix well 
  3. Pot into the small cosmetics container and scrub away!

From left to right: Lolita by Kat Von D, Celebrity Skin by Jeffree Star, Leo by Jeffree Star, Unicorn Blood by Jeffree Star and Smashbox's Always on Matte Liquid Lipstick in Bawse


My top 3 picks for Liquid Lipsticks:

My favourite brand by far for liquid lipsticks are the Velour Liquid Lipsticks by Jeffree Star. I know there is a lot of talk around Jeffree Star as a person, but I stand by his products, they are THE best liquid lipsticks I have tried. I own three shades, Celebrity Skin, Leo and Unicorn Blood. Unicorn Blood is by far my favourite of the bunch. Jeffree Star liquid lipsticks aren't sold here in Canada, I have ordered them from his website and Beautylish, both came super quickly and were packaged quite nicely.  They have a sweet scent to them, candy like and dry down super quick. They are extremely lightweight and do not feel extremely drying, also they have crazy lasting power even through food and drink.

Another favourite is Smashbox's Always On Matte Liquid Lipstick in Bawse. This colour in particular was created with Lilly Singh and it is a bright red which would look fantastic on any skin tone. The formula is a mousse-like and extremely creamy so it doesn't feel drying on the lips. Doesn't wear as well as Jeffree Star but still lasts a decent amount of time and layers up beautifully without flaking or cracking. Definitely the most comfortable out of the bunch.

Lastly, I enjoy the cult classic Lolita from Kat Von D. It's a lovely pinkish nude shade that goes well for everyday makeup looks. I find that the longevity of the colour is the worst out of the other liquid lipsticks I've mentioned above but fades away the nicest, sometimes leaving behind a faint stain so it's not super noticeable when it has worn away. I also like to apply this one by dabbing a little on top the lips and rubbing it in with a finger for light colour all over the lips without having the full matte lip look.

If you guys have other liquid lipstick recommendations please leave them down below! As you can see I'm into the nudes and deep reds, not really a pink gal but I'm game for anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read through each and everyone of them, lots of love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...